The Al Rashid Mosque was built in 1938 at the corner of 101 Street and 108 Avenue. In 1946 it was moved to 102 Street and 111 Avenue. Used until 1980, it was finally moved to Fort Edmonton in 1990. It is believed to be the first mosque built in Canada. Here are some photos of the outside and inside. This was a treat, because the doors to the mosque are not always open.
- RT @bmcnews: May 2020 is online! * Coping During COVID-19 * Nesting for the Apocalypse * Benefits of Volunteering * Recipes, updates, & m… 3 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: We need your support to keep publishing great things about Boyle Street & McCauley! Toss Us Your Toonies - micro-donate a litt… 5 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: If you haven't visited our website in a while, now is the time! We have a sleek, modern, new look highlighting our content, ex… 5 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: Boyle McCauley News Highlights - Vol. 41, No. 2 (April 2020) - mailchi.mp/d9db2bec56c4/j… 5 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: April 2020 - read it online/download the PDF: bmcnews.org LEGO Contest Problem Property Updates Lunar New Year D… 5 months ago