The Al Rashid Mosque was built in 1938 at the corner of 101 Street and 108 Avenue. In 1946 it was moved to 102 Street and 111 Avenue. Used until 1980, it was finally moved to Fort Edmonton in 1990. It is believed to be the first mosque built in Canada. Here are some photos of the outside and inside. This was a treat, because the doors to the mosque are not always open.
- RT @bmcnews: We need your support to keep publishing great things about Boyle Street & McCauley! Toss Us Your Toonies - micro-donate a litt… 4 weeks ago
- RT @bmcnews: If you haven't visited our website in a while, now is the time! We have a sleek, modern, new look highlighting our content, ex… 4 weeks ago
- RT @bmcnews: Boyle McCauley News Highlights - Vol. 41, No. 2 (April 2020) - mailchi.mp/d9db2bec56c4/j… 4 weeks ago
- RT @bmcnews: April 2020 - read it online/download the PDF: bmcnews.org LEGO Contest Problem Property Updates Lunar New Year D… 4 weeks ago
- RT @bmcnews: February 2020 now online: Câhcacêp Art & Teahouse Opens in McCauley New ED at the EIC McCauley Cup 2019 Winter in Little Italy… 2 months ago