The Al Rashid Mosque was built in 1938 at the corner of 101 Street and 108 Avenue. In 1946 it was moved to 102 Street and 111 Avenue. Used until 1980, it was finally moved to Fort Edmonton in 1990. It is believed to be the first mosque built in Canada. Here are some photos of the outside and inside. This was a treat, because the doors to the mosque are not always open.
- RT @bmcnews: Boyle McCauley News - October 2020 - Online Introducing Co*Lab Profile: Comedian Dan Taylor Review: Macarons & Goodies + more:… 4 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: 2020 MCCAULEY CLEAN UP (ROUND 2) & LITTER BLITZ! Sept. 18 & 19 Place items in the alley behind your property by 9am on Sept.… 4 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: From the Archives: This sweater-wearing sweetie attended Viva Italia, Viva Edmonton. From October, 2010. Read more: https://t.… 4 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: May 2020 is online! * Coping During COVID-19 * Nesting for the Apocalypse * Benefits of Volunteering * Recipes, updates, & m… 8 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: We need your support to keep publishing great things about Boyle Street & McCauley! Toss Us Your Toonies - micro-donate a litt… 10 months ago