The Al Rashid Mosque was built in 1938 at the corner of 101 Street and 108 Avenue. In 1946 it was moved to 102 Street and 111 Avenue. Used until 1980, it was finally moved to Fort Edmonton in 1990. It is believed to be the first mosque built in Canada. Here are some photos of the outside and inside. This was a treat, because the doors to the mosque are not always open.
- RT @bmcnews: February 2020 now online: Câhcacêp Art & Teahouse Opens in McCauley New ED at the EIC McCauley Cup 2019 Winter in Little Italy… 10 hours ago
- RT @bmcnews: McCauley was a winter wonderland yesterday! The second annual Winter in Little Italy was a huge success. #yeg #yegdt #mccauley… 1 month ago
- RT @bmcnews: Boyle McCauley News Vol. 40, #8 Indoor Farmers Market Opens Problem Properties from two perspectives Urban Beekeeping Remember… 1 month ago
- RT @bmcnews: Vol. 40, No. 6 (Oct. 2019) is online! News and views from McCauley and Boyle Street, including community league reports, event… 4 months ago
- Series: Transforming Religious Heritage Religious built heritage, from the time of New France to the present day, h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago