The Al Rashid Mosque was built in 1938 at the corner of 101 Street and 108 Avenue. In 1946 it was moved to 102 Street and 111 Avenue. Used until 1980, it was finally moved to Fort Edmonton in 1990. It is believed to be the first mosque built in Canada. Here are some photos of the outside and inside. This was a treat, because the doors to the mosque are not always open.
- RT @bmcnews: Vol. 40, No. 6 (Oct. 2019) is online! News and views from McCauley and Boyle Street, including community league reports, event… 2 months ago
- Series: Transforming Religious Heritage Religious built heritage, from the time of New France to the present day, h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: Vol. 40 No. 5 is online! History Festival Includes Church Street Tour; Heart of the City 2019; Updates from Leagues, REACH, In… 4 months ago
- RT @livingsanctuary: I make it a point to try to go to Edmonton's Homeless Memorial every year. It always astounds me how we still have hom… 5 months ago
- RT @bmcnews: Check out our Facebook page for photos from the McCauley Annual Community Clean Up yesterday: facebook.com/pg/bmcnews/pho… #yeg #ye… 5 months ago